I wrote this poem after the loss of a kind man ...and now I share after the loss of another
Life whistles by, a gentle breeze
carrying laughs like leaves in the wind.
Sometimes a gust of adversity, of woes,
of hardships seemingly insurmountable.
Sometimes twirling breezes dancing with courage,
giddiness, and/or genuine love.
I know a man whose breeze stands still.
Whose gusts have subsided.
Whose winds can no longer fill the sails of life.
He has gone to slumber until Christ's call.
I will do my best to add more gently breezes to the world around me
and shield others from those mighty gusts of adversities and woe.
For this man whose winds no longer blow will surely be missed
and the absence of his gentle breezes will undoubtedly be felt.
Excellent. Love your choice, usage, and expansion of the metaphor.
ReplyDeletePonce answered like a school teacher! Love that. You're poem rocked it out as always. I love you.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful poem....by a beautiful person :)
ReplyDelete