Recently I agreed to house-sit for some friends on the outskirts of town. Just far enough from my humble abode, the familiar sounds of the neighborhood and every day suburbia to provide a serene escape. Somewhere between me watering the vegetable garden and the night sky losing its baseball field competion I found the advantages to abandoning the structured, incorporated, by-lawed, perfectly gridded, sod-clad tuffs of earth we've ritually claimed as our own little piece of the planet for generation after generation. Imagining that all of our fences are just as good as picketed and our neighbors would certainly bring over a bundt cake if wereally needed cheering up. I think Christopher Robin would have loved it out there. It certainly seemed like a 100-acre wood.
I managed to capture a few images while out on the land. I was supposed to be working on a challenge from a popular photography site. Everyone was to try to capture something unique and exceptional at a 1000 shtutter speed. While I managed to catch some pretty cool images I shot them at 1600 instead of 1000 so I didn't feel qualified to submit them for judging. The shots I got really did do a good job of capturing the feeling of an enchanted forest that I'd been feeling for the week.
"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you." - Winnie the Pooh
No comments:
Post a Comment