Wednesday, December 29, 2010

You Think You Know Someone

I used to think I knew Tupac Shakur ... and honestly I didn't like what I saw. I detested what I saw! okay, detest is a really strong word. But the over-the-top courtroom bravado; volatile antics; a general "don't care" attitude and overall disdain for all things socially acceptable - all of it just drove me ccccrazy!

It wasn't until he was gone that I came to realize that maybe I didn't know him at all - as if he'd lived right next door or something. I stumbled upon his lesser known words and learned that maybe, in another universe, Tupac Shakur could have been me.

That mini tutorial helped sound down the age old lesson - book, not cover, is where the story is told. We all live this life trying to get into to or out of a mold. When you're quick to judge a person, if you should be so bold; just remember sometimes what you see if when his - or your - heart's turned cold.


When Ur Heart Turns Cold - by Tupac Shakur

When your heart turns cold
it causes your soul 2 freeze
It spreads throughout your spirit
like a ruthless feeling disease
The walls that once were down
now stand firm and tall
Safe from hate/love, pain/joy
until u feel nothing at all
When ure heart turns cold
a baby's cry means nothing
A dead corpse is trivial
Mothers neglecting children is daily
Loneliness becomes your routine friend
Death seems like tranquility
Sleeping is never pleasant
if u even sleep at all
u forgot ideals and turn off the reason
2 make sure the product gets sold
You don't understand how I behave
Just wait till your heart turns Cold!

courtesy of seadeeper.com

1 comment: