- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3-1/3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon pitted Greek olives
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil [I didn't have fresh basil. I used a couple teaspoons of dry basil - worked just fine]
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes [I didn't have red pepper flakes. I used about a tablespoon of marinated roasted red peppers that were in with some marinated olives --- hey, I wasn't LEAVING the house AGAIN! :) worked just fine]
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water for 7 minutes [I added salt to my boiling water per the instructions on the orzo container. thinking back I'm not sure I needed to do that]. Add broccoli and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olives, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute almonds in oil for about 1 minute. Stir in red pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Stir in olive mixture; toss to coat.
OH! and I ran my 8K!! in under an hour! WOOOOHOOOO!! Works for me ... the only person I need to beat is myself ... and even that is negotiable ;)

Looks great...I may have to ignore my lactose intolerance and try it. Just keep at least two bathrooms on 24hr standby.
ReplyDeletemmm'mmm
ReplyDeletelol - I'll keep that in mind Ponce
ReplyDelete