Thursday, February 10, 2011

Addictive you say?

My sis warned me that Netflix could be addictive and I definitely believe her but I think I'm too lazy to get addicted to anything honestly. I only get one at a time and rarely watch it immediately ...  BUT I did see a great movie last night ... had it for a few days and finally got around to watching it: PERSEPOLIS. I've been wanting to see it for quite a while so I was excited and not at all disappointed.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's an animated film based on Marjane Satrapi's graphic autobiography. It's amazing how you can relate to something and have it be so foreign to you at the same time. This 2007 French subtitled film walks you through the familiar progression from childhood to adulthood, self-acceptance, finding ones place in the world. It touches on the growing pains that come with experience, adventure, love, faith and the ties that bond family and friends. But all of these things that we're all no doubt familiar with take place against the backdrop of the Iranian Revolution. Something I know VERY little about.Okay, let's just say nothing. The film makes me want to take a trip to the library - old school! Just go and hide behind a mountain of books until I feel smarter than a fifth grader. In the meantime I'm here to tell ya it's a great film! Check it out!

In other news, it's FASHION WEEK!!

I love this Richard Chai (Fall 2011) look ... reminds me of some of my fav looks of the 90's

... it looks like the 90s undertone might be winning out for now ...

BCBG
Jenni Kayne
Nicholas K
We shall see what the rest of the week will hold.

For something a lot closer to home, EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia, SC may sound like an unlikely place to rock stilettos but I here the 9th Annual Girl's Night Out on February 17th is sure to be a hit. Fashion, food, music and friends!?! I can't wait to check it out!

Due east in Charleston, SC they couldn't accept just one night of fashion so they make it a week just like NYC! Charleston's Fashion Week  is coming up just after the jump into Spring and with tickets as low as $45 a day I may just have to check out more than one show!

1 comment:

  1. I love fashion week photos. I can't believe the Fall 2011 lines are already over. UGH. Just bring me Spring and I'll be a-okay.

    ReplyDelete